Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300td diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 300td turbodiesel wagon is going to need some new rubber real soon. This is my first benz and without a doubt, the heaviest car I've ever owned, which may affect my choice in tires. I'm thinking the car's weight will allow me to use a more traditional touring type tread instead of an all-season that has widely spaced, aggressive anti-hydroplaning grooves and blocks. The goal is a quiet, smooth ride with rubber that'll last at least 40 or 50,000 miles. So far, the Michelin X-one is the tire I think I'm going with. Comments and experiences about tires you've used??

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
Heres a list of tyres i've used on W123s;Michelin - longest life, quiet, good grip (...

I'ld go for the Michelin's.
Heres a list of tyres i've used on W123s;

Michelin - longest life, quiet, good grip (200)
Firestone - Good life, Good grip, nice ride (200)
Uniroyal - Good grip especialy in wet, nice ride (200, on when sold)

Michelin - quiet, good grip (200)
Dunlop SP200 - Noisy, poor grip (200, on when sold)

Continental - 30,000miles but the best handling and very quiet (230CE)
Goodyear Eagle GT - Poor grip in wet (230CE, on when sold) although I have Goodyear Eagle NCT5s on my E220 which seem fine.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
On our '89 W124 300TD, we have Continental Sportcontact on it (size 205/16/55). these ar...

On our '89 W124 300TD, we have Continental Sportcontact on it (size 205/16/55). these are very good tyres. they give minimum noise, are very sporty tyres and are very safe in wet conditions.

p.s. in most cases when a tyre is said to have minimum noise, it's also a very safe tyre for wet conditions.

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
My new 300td turbodiesel wagon is going to need some new rubber real soon. This is my first benz and without a doubt, the heaviest car I've ever owned, which may affect my choice in tires. I'm thinking the car's weight will allow me to use a more traditional touring type tread instead of an all-season that has widely spaced, aggressive anti-hydroplaning grooves and blocks. The goal is a quiet, smooth ride with rubber that'll last at least 40 or 50,000 miles. So far, the Michelin X-one is the tire I think I'm going with. Comments and experiences about tires you've used??

Check out www.tirerack.com. They have a good selection of tires including prices, ratings and specifications. Their prices are reasonable as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.