Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300E
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning gents,

I managed to pull the complete interior out of a 300E at the local U pull n pay, including seats for a future transplant into my baby. The carpet from the donor car has the usual stains and I wanted to make sure I didn't ruin it by cleaning it in the wrong manner. The other bits like the headliner, sunroof liner, pillars, etc are clean but the seats will require a little TLC.

Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
1998 e430
360 Posts
i've cleaned carpeted floor mats with your run of the mill carpet shampooers available at local supermarkets and such.

you could also just hose them off in the driveway and scrub with a mild solution of laundry detergent and rinse thoroughly.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,176 Posts
I would steam clean with a auto interior product that treats for stains & odor. You might be able to rent a steam cleaner that has an upholstery attachment from a rental center.

Kevin

·
Registered
1990 300E
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, I'll rent of them steam cleaner things and do the house carpet as well!

Thanks!

·
Registered
W124
4,746 Posts
The "hose and scrub" process may sound harsh but I use it all the time. When I got my first TE, I pulled entire interior out and did the hose and scrub. You should use a wet vac to pull the standing water out and then air dry for a day or two before reinstalling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did a complete swap on my 124 Coupe. I always wanted black exterior with black leather interior, so I swapped absolutely everything. See the attached before and after.

As stated, I would highly recommend getting the best steam cleaner you can. I would look into getting a "proper" one as opposed to your standard handheld alternative. They may be more expensive but the extra steam power will help get rid 30+ years of dirt!.

(great selection here-> https://procarreviews.com/best-steam-cleaners/)

Good luck with your interior swap - It takes a while but completely worth doing!

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,176 Posts
I did a complete swap on my 124 Coupe. I always wanted black exterior with black leather interior, so I swapped absolutely everything. See the attached before and after.

As stated, I would highly recommend getting the best steam cleaner you can. I would look into getting a "proper" one as opposed to your standard handheld alternative. They may be more expensive but the extra steam power will help get rid 30+ years of dirt!.

(great selection here-> https://procarreviews.com/best-steam-cleaners/)

Good luck with your interior swap - It takes a while but completely worth doing!

View attachment 2611891

View attachment 2611890
Dupray for $549 on Amazon??? You must have deep pockets for doing this on one car.

Kevin

·
Registered
1995 E320 wagon
388 Posts
Pressure washer I'm the drive way, done that a few times. Oxy clean for again remover is amazing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts