Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read the detailing forum and there are a variety of waxes out there.
Not sure about Zaino, leaning towards Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26 Hi-Tech Paste Car Wax.

Which do you prefer? Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 ML550 Palladium Silver, Black MBTex, P1, Lighting pkg, Trailer Hitch.
96 Posts

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
IMO, just about any polish or wax will give a good shine immediately after you apply it, particularly if you use a clay bar first and apply the wax/polish sparingly and with lots of elbow grease. Doesn't matter how cheap or expensive it is. The reason I use Zaino, and have for years, is that I am lazy and it is mindlessly easy to apply, plus in several independent tests it proved to have the longest durability. I also like the fact that on my wife's M3, which is black, it leaves no swirl marks. On the other hand, I totally agree that there are a number of excellent waxes and polishes out there, so it really boils down to how much of your Saturday do you want to spend scrubbing and polishing your ML?

If you want the flashiest and most liquid shine it is possible to obtain, use one of the various 'between shine' products from Meguiar's, Zaino, or whoever, immediately after waxing/polishing. The ultra-shine doesn't last long, but damn does it look good while it's there!

·
Registered
2012 E350 :-) 2002 E320 (sold)
432 Posts
The paint and clear coat on these cars must be good. I've never waxed my 2002 E320 and it still looks great after 95K miles.

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
The paint and clear coat on these cars must be good. I've never waxed my 2002 E320 and it still looks great after 95K miles.
My previous employer was the company that manufactures the paints, glass and other adhesives used by a lot of automakers including American made MBs. According to some chemists I talked to at one time, the paints used by MB are the best money can buy. My old 1991 190E looked almost like new when I sold it in 2006 and had not been in the garage in over 10 years!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts