Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C32 2002 Gl4502007 1997s600
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while helping to move some carpet, like a moron, I put it on top of the my car. It made a lot of light scratches on the top. Whats the best way to get out those light scratches? TurtleWax??

·
Registered
1998 c230 170K
1,415 Posts
Scratch Doctor

while helping to move some carpet, like a moron, I put it on top of the my car. It made a lot of light scratches on the top. Whats the best way to get out those light scratches? TurtleWax??
Nu-finish scratch doctor works o.k. but you may need an orbital buffer to get the some of the other scratches out unless you want to use alot of elbow grease. B

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
You need a polish that removes fine scratches/swirls. Wax does not remove scratches. I've used 2001 polish (made by Turtle wax) with decent results. You can also try Scratch X. Using an orbital buffer helps considerably.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,190 Posts
Search the Detailing and Car Care Forum above. Many good solutions are available there.

·
Registered
1998 C230
106 Posts
Meguiar's ScratchX with at least 3 applications should do the trick, granted that you use plenty of elbo grease. You WILL get a work out using this product, but it works great, especailly if you are working by hand.

If you have a Duel-Action Polisher (Electric Buffer), I'd recommend Meguiar's M80, the "Speed Glaze". If that doesn't do the trick, up it to Meguiar's M83, the "Duel-Action Polish/Cleaner". I've used both products on my C class and I find that the M83 is needed to remove all the scratches and swirl marks. But I don't know how deep your scratches are, so you might be able to get away with M80 or ScratchX.

But as Sergio said, wax won't remove scratches. Any wax that says it does probably just "fills" the scratches, but doesn't actually remove them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts