Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C230 sedan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the concensus is that the head unit is the main reason the sound quality is lacking, even with the BOSE sound system upgrade. I'm wondering what others have done, aside from replacing the head unit, to get better sound in their W203's. I'd rather keep the steering wheel functionality of the stock head unit, and don't want to pay for the Comand at this time. My main gripe is the lack of bass, but I don't want to take up precious trunk space by adding subs in there like I did in my last car. Is it possible to put a subwoofer under the backseat and get good sound from it? I don't imagine there's much room under the backseat. Any personal experiences, good or bad, that members could share would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The best thing to do is get an Audio 10 headunit from Steve Krabbenborg for $225. It is...

The best thing to do is get an Audio 10 headunit from Steve Krabbenborg for $225. It is an optional unit everywhere except North America.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also recommend the Audio 10 CD. It has great bass and is also clearer in general. It w...

I also recommend the Audio 10 CD. It has great bass and is also clearer in general. It works with the steering wheel controls, CD changer, and is a simple plug and play installation. I like it because it is a Mercedes head unit and doesn't look out of place like the other aftermarket HU's.

I got my Audio 10 CD from Steve (MBenzNL). He's the "euro parts pimp" who has provided audio 10's and comands and other stuff to numerous people on this forum, mbworld, and other benz forums.

·
Registered
2004 C230 sedan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I replace the head unit, I think I'll go with the Comand. Anyone put subs in interesti...

If I replace the head unit, I think I'll go with the Comand. Anyone put subs in interesting places like under the backseat or know if this is even possible?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts