Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 trend
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best tyres to run on a 1999 220 cdi Trend on standard alloy wheels (size) 215 / 65 / 15,

·
Registered
Vito 112 CDi year:2001
303 Posts
What do you want to know, size..make? Makes down to your budget. Michelin have always set the standard, but not the counterfeit ones.

·
Registered
Vito 113
347 Posts

·
Registered
Bandwidth
3,256 Posts
KF should be the subject of "rogue traders".......had a slow puncture for a while so decided to get it 'fixed', popped into my local KF, chappie got tyre off car and traced a nail on the TREAD FACE about an inch or so from the edge - he said "...sorry mate, can't repair as it is on the edge....", also said ".....you been driving over potholes which has caused your tyre to warp so you need a new tyre...". At this juncture, I asked for a quote and the chappie mentioned the special deal 4-tyre ....2 tyre...discount nonsense! I said I needed just 1 tyre! He quoted £180 for a Miche and £150 for a Dunlop.....I said for a pair? He said no, for a single! At this point I thanked him for his concerted but in vain effort to sell me something I did not need at an extortionate price and hurridly departed the premises!
Went to my local back alley tyre factor who laughed for about half an hour when I told him about the KF incident......while laughing at KF's expense, he even fixed my puncture with a proper mushroom plug, cleaned and resealed the tyre, replaced the valve and even cleaned the alloy wheel.....all for a fiver (+£1.00 tip) - he was still grinning when I drove off a satisfied customer! Miche tyre from this chap - £120 and Dunlop £97 without the discount!

·
Registered
Vito 113
347 Posts
Punjabi said:
KF should be the subject of "rogue traders".......had a slow puncture for a while so decided to get it 'fixed', popped into my local KF, chappie got tyre off car and traced a nail on the TREAD FACE about an inch or so from the edge - he said "...sorry mate, can't repair as it is on the edge....", also said ".....you been driving over potholes which has caused your tyre to warp so you need a new tyre...". At this juncture, I asked for a quote and the chappie mentioned the special deal 4-tyre ....2 tyre...discount nonsense! I said I needed just 1 tyre! He quoted £180 for a Miche and £150 for a Dunlop.....I said for a pair? He said no, for a single! At this point I thanked him for his concerted but in vain effort to sell me something I did not need at an extortionate price and hurridly departed the premises!
Went to my local back alley tyre factor who laughed for about half an hour when I told him about the KF incident......while laughing at KF's expense, he even fixed my puncture with a proper mushroom plug, cleaned and resealed the tyre, replaced the valve and even cleaned the alloy wheel.....all for a fiver (+£1.00 tip) - he was still grinning when I drove off a satisfied customer! Miche tyre from this chap - £120 and Dunlop £97 without the discount!
I get the feeling you don't think much of Kwik Fit! :big laugh:

·
Registered
08 115CDi, 99 A4 1.8T, 98 ZX9R, 84 GPz1100, 76 Range Rover 2dr.
199 Posts
Hi All
On the subject of tyres try Tyres online @ Blackcircles.com: car tyres, 4x4 tyres and motorbike tyres I have used them many times for the Audi. You order on the web, they deliver your tyres to a local fitter, you turn up at the appointed time and have them fitted. Usually do a good deal on price but quality of service depends on who fits them.
Worth a try if you need replacement tyres but no good if you need them sharpish.

Regards

ZX9

1 - 7 of 7 Posts