Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I posted this in the General M-B forum, with no responses. Hoping to do better here.

I'm a total newbie to the M-B world, and I pick up my new-to-me 2018 SLC 300 on Monday. So, I've been scouring the internet for the best sources of information on the car. Unfortunately, I'm not finding much on this particular model.

I realize this has never been a high volume car (and that it has been recently discontinued), but I still thought there'd be active online forums discussing it. My last "toy" was a Honda Gold Wing motorcycle, and I browsed half-a-dozen very active different Gold Wing forums regularly while I owned it; some of the information I gleaned from those forums was invaluable. Surely there are some similar online sources for this car? If there are, I'm not finding them.

So-- any suggestions as to the best online forums for owners of the SLC 300? And, am I correct in thinking my car is designated as an "R172" in such forums?

Thanks for any help!

Denny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all! I posted this in the General M-B forum, with no responses. Hoping to do better here.

I'm a total newbie to the M-B world, and I pick up my new-to-me 2018 SLC 300 on Monday. So, I've been scouring the internet for the best sources of information on the car. Unfortunately, I'm not finding much on this particular model.

I realize this has never been a high volume car (and that it has been recently discontinued), but I still thought there'd be active online forums discussing it. My last "toy" was a Honda Gold Wing motorcycle, and I browsed half-a-dozen very active different Gold Wing forums regularly while I owned it; some of the information I gleaned from those forums was invaluable. Surely there are some similar online sources for this car? If there are, I'm not finding them.

So-- any suggestions as to the best online forums for owners of the SLC 300? And, am I correct in thinking my car is designated as an "R172" in such forums?

Thanks for any help!

Denny
Deny: I have the same question. Just bought an SLC300 and can't find any discussion forums. Let me know if you find one? PS: I rode a Victory Vision touring bike.

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed, here's a link to the only one I've found so far-- not nearly as active as the motorcycle forums I used to browse, but better than nothing!

SLC General Discussion

For those that may have wondered, my Carvana delivery went pretty well. This is a 2018 SLC 300 with 13,000 miles on it, problems found on delivery were a few scratches on the windshield (Carvana has already scheduled a replacement at their expense), and a missing Start/Stop button (Carvana is refunding me $100 to compensate for that; I ordered an OEM button from Amazon for $47). No Garmin SD card included, I didn't really expect one, and don't really need it, since the car also has Airplay. But, I thought it would be nice to have, anyway-- just not for the almost $800 M-B wanted. I ordered from eBay instead, for $70.

I'm new to buying cars sight unseen off the internet, and I have seven days to return the car to Carvana for a full refund, no questions asked. Still, just to be sure, I paid the local M-B dealer $160 today for a prepurchase inspection. The inspection came back with no glitches whatsoever, so I have every intention of keeping the car.

Denny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ed, here's a link to the only one I've found so far-- not nearly as active as the motorcycle forums I used to browse, but better than nothing!

SLC General Discussion

For those that may have wondered, my Carvana delivery went pretty well. This is a 2018 SLC 300 with 13,000 miles on it, problems found on delivery were a few scratches on the windshield (Carvana has already scheduled a replacement at their expense), and a missing Start/Stop button (Carvana is refunding me $100 to compensate for that; I ordered an OEM button from Amazon for $47). No Garmin SD card included, I didn't really expect one, and don't really need it, since the car also has Airplay. But, I thought it would be nice to have, anyway-- just not for the almost $800 M-B wanted. I ordered from eBay instead, for $70.

I'm new to buying cars sight unseen off the internet, and I have seven days to return the car to Carvana for a full refund, no questions asked. Still, just to be sure, I paid the local M-B dealer $160 today for a prepurchase inspection. The inspection came back with no glitches whatsoever, so I have every intention of keeping the car.

Denny
Denny: Thanks so much for link and your experience with Cavanna. I've been wanting to try that myself. I bought a 2017 that was turned in off a 3 year lease. So far so good. I will see you at the new link......Ed

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,909 Posts

Thanks for any help!

Denny
The SLK/SLC while not considered to be rare at all but also not high volume there is decent information about them online. SLKWORLD is a huge source. The SLC300 has the base engine used in many other MB's so the engine is high volume for sure. What exactly are your concerns about your new SLC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response, I did find my way to SLKWorld and found what I was looking for there. I'm still mystified as to why the Monroney label for my car says it has remote start, because best I can tell, it doesn't-- but all my other questions have been answered!

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,909 Posts
Did you download the MB App? That will give you remote start access.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts