Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good recommend for top notch service for my ML 320 2002?

I am close to Helms Brothers but have heard some questionable things...anyone have any experience with them in regards to service or a better place to recommend in my area?

Thanks
Matt

I am bringing it for service of my ebox fan...any other TSB's for the 2002 I should have them fix whilst I am there? :)

·
Registered
2004 ML500,Sport; 2014 ML550; 2009 ACURA TSX
887 Posts
I use Manhattan Benz for all my warranty services. So far so good..
JohnMa

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well out of convienence I have an appointment tomorrow morning to bring in my 2002 ml with 17k on it to HELMS brothers. They need to service my ebox fan (anyone in the area have this done?) as well as take a look at my radio buttons that seem to stick and stay depressed. My hazzard button light is VERY hard to push down as well. I'll see what is covered under my first service call.

Ill follow up

·
Registered
2001 ML430
148 Posts
Helms is OK

I bought my ML in 7/2004 with 20K miles on it and it had broken glove hinges, broken arm rest hinges, jammed hood latch and some noise from somewhere underneath. I met my SA, Maureen and she was very courteous and replaced evrything except the glove because it had to be special ordered due to different stitch on designo. They were all under warranty and cost me zippo. Then there were 6 more trips and all covered ranging from A service, harmonic balancer, leaking craps and so forth (I don't remember what they replaced all these times. I have a stack of receipts that starting to look like a novel). Overall, Helms is ok however I'm still waiting for my rear wiper "squirt" motor for the past 3 weeks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well to answer a few questions..yes this is my first service call on my 2002 320 witih 17,500 miles on it.

I am the second owner and I have the car 3 months.

I was at Helms today and they say that they no longer replace the ebox fan and that it just needs to be adjusted? I did not like the sound of that too much but we will see. They want $50 dollars for the clear plastic signal cover from my drivers mirror..that is the cost of the part. I will install it myself.

And I need my emergency break rubber cover replaced (parking attendant lost it- go fig) HElMs said it would probably be no charge...

I was also told there were no outstanding TSB's on the 2002 ml 320...I was suprised

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
mdezz - 4/26/2005 4:12 PM

as well as take a look at my radio buttons that seem to stick and stay depressed. My hazzard button light is VERY hard to push down as well. I'll see what is covered under my first service call.

Ill follow up
Sounds like a coke can exploded in the cabin and got sugar and caramel into all the nooks and crannies

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Helms replaced the e box after all. (Maureen told me when I bourhg the car in they dont replace the ebaox fan anymore they just adjust it) They also replaced the mcs unit b/c the buttons were stuck. When I mentioned the missing break peddle cover- when I brought the car in intially, they offered to replace the little energency break black rubber cover for the pedal for FREE. I said thank you but when I went to pick the car up..they charged me 20 bucks and small charge to "install" it.

I said "ya know what? Take the charge off my bill and take the Break pedal cover off I don't want it" I just found Maureen particularly nasty..she was the woman that helped me. She is the type of person who smiles and ends everything with "sir" but in reality she is not a nice person.

Well at my request she told me I had to wait until a manager arrived and she did not know when that would be. Until then she did not have the authority to remove the charge... Can you imagine? This is at 7:30 in the morning. What a stupid thing to deal with...

Anyway I had to make a stink and they just gave it to me for free- If not for this woman Moron I mean Maureen I would have returned to them- Now I'll take my service and warranty needs elsewhere..she has cost them business.... stay clear of her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts