Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am in need of some fitment advice. I would like to put 255/45/18's on back and 235/50/18 in front for my 2002 c320 with sports package. I don't really want to lower my car but I am considering a possible 1' drop all around with the H&R coilovers if the car turns out to look too ackward at the new height. Is it possible for me to use the two tire sizes on my car? If it is, what size rims and fitment would I need to make it work? I know that the factory rims has a 37mm fitment. Would I have to get a different fitment for the wider rims? Thanks for your help. <br> <br> John

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no those tires are way too tall for that car. You would need an 18x8 or 18x8.5 rim in the front with a 235/40/18 and a 18x9.0 or 18x9.5 rim in the rear with a 255/35/18. The offest can range from 35 to 40mm with no problem. You would be better off dropping the car with H&R springs or coilovers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I notice that the front shock/spring is about an inch right above the stock tires/rims. I can't imagine going to bigger rims without having to do some type of modification so that the rims would fit. Are you suppose to push up the shock/spring housing to put on the bigger rims? Thanks.<br> <br> John

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone should correct me if i'm wrong, but to my understanding with the lower profile tires you get along with the larger diameter wheels, you should come close to about the same diameter as you were with the factory wheels. 16 wheels' with 55 profile. 18 with 35 rear or 40 front profile... you would have different offsets to allow wheel clearance inside of the wheel well, or in some cases get your fenders rolled to make enough room. <br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts