Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my valve cover gaskets. Who makes the best? OEQ, Victor Reinz, or Bruss?
Or.. Who had trouble with what they used?

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
883 Posts
harry my gaskets are leaking toooooo they suck

OK I'm done; I bought Victors
what brand of gasket do you recomend also the oil filter cap is leaking. how do I stop this nonsense...

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi phly! I posted to ask the same thing! Seriously ask what a Benz dealer wants first. I went with the Victors because it's part of Dana Ind. Cost delivered was $34. I tell yah what there like when I install them. Good Luck!

·
Registered
02 clk 55 cabriolet
550 Posts
Hey Harry.. I cant remember the brand but I ordered em from autohauaz and have had no problems. I sourced the sealent from the local dealer for 20bucks for the tube. I know thats pricey for what it is, but my breathers were leaking and didnt want to chance any problems with the o2 sensors.

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Harry.. I cant remember the brand but I ordered em from autohauaz and have had no problems. I sourced the sealent from the local dealer for 20bucks for the tube. I know thats pricey for what it is, but my breathers were leaking and didnt want to chance any problems with the o2 sensors.
I looked at Autohaus, they sell Bruss. Don't know anything about those. Autohaus sells quality stuff. When I don't have time I go with what I know
I called our local MB parts. They want $51 for a set. Probably are Victor Reinz or Bruss anyways.

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what brand of gasket do you recomend also the oil filter cap is leaking. how do I stop this nonsense...
Phly when you change your oil filter do you replace the O rings in the top of the filter cap with new ones that come with the filter? If it's just the top of the cap it may be just old and cracked or slipped out of the groove.
I Change my oil more often than some guys change their underwear I have an extra if you want it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Whats the sealant called

Hey that sounds like what I need... can you give me some info on the sealant so I can take care of my leak.. thanks alot sir.

·
Registered
883 Posts
hey harry

Phly when you change your oil filter do you replace the O rings in the top of the filter cap with new ones that come with the filter? If it's just the top of the cap it may be just old and cracked or slipped out of the groove.
I Change my oil more often than some guys change their underwear I have an extra if you want it.
Yes I change the O rings often. Is the cap suppose to be tightened down not revealing the O ring? or is the O ring suppose to be exposed? Mine is exposed and if I tighten it down to much, the O ring bulges and leaks even more. Im getting quite annoyed with these leaks...

·
Registered
02 clk 55 cabriolet
550 Posts
Funny but I dont think ive ever had the cap off?? mine is locked down TIGHT with no signs of a gasket poping out. Car doesnt use a drop so ive been lucky I guess. I was getting some weeping from the vent covers but not enough to "use" oil. The sealent is available at your local dealer and the parts guy will know exactly what you need. It's a single use tube for about 20 bucks... I dont even think its 2oz of the black gold! Cleaning the old stuff out of the grooves is the toughest part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts