Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2017 C300 Mercedes Benz and am looking to purchase an extended limited warranty from Mercedes Benz. Does anyone know which dealerships that offer the best prices?

·
Registered
1999 C280, 2015 C300
393 Posts
I got additional 6 years 60K miles warranty for $4260 to be paid interest free monthly over 3 years with $100 deductible for each visit from MB dealer

·
Registered
2018 c class 300 cabriolet convertible
7 Posts
Hi i was reading your reply to the warranty question.. you got that thru the mercedes dealer? and if you dont mind asking how much on average was you down and basic monthly? and does the warranty cover all parts and mechanical as well as drive train etc?

·
Registered
1999 C280, 2015 C300
393 Posts
Hi i was reading your reply to the warranty question.. you got that thru the mercedes dealer? and if you dont mind asking how much on average was you down and basic monthly? and does the warranty cover all parts and mechanical as well as drive train etc?
Yes I got it through MB dealer. Its been a while since I got the warranty, so these numbers are approximate. I think I paid $200 or $250 down and it is about $112 per month for 3 years. Regardless the total cost is $4260 for 6 years or 60K additional miles. I got the highest level of warranty coverage that covers almost everything except normal wear and tear items like brakes, battery etc. My reasoning was $4260 for 6 years is about $710 per year. From what I understand, parts and labor on these cars is very expensive. About a month back, the auxiliary battery failed. The cost to replace the auxiliary battery was over $400 by the MB dealer. I paid only $100 which is my deductible. The MB dealer was surprised that the warranty paid for this, because he said most warranties do not cover auxiliary battery. If you decide to get the extended warranty, I would advise you to wait until your factory warranty is about to expire. Because your date and mileage on the extended warranty will start from the date you get the warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a new C300 and got the extended warranty which was 7 years or 75k miles and it was $2750.

Heard Mercedes is one of the most expensive for repairs so figured this would be nice to have just in case.

·
Registered
1999 C280, 2015 C300
393 Posts
Just got a new C300 and got the extended warranty which was 7 years or 75k miles and it was $2750.

Heard Mercedes is one of the most expensive for repairs so figured this would be nice to have just in case.
This sounds like a very good deal. Can you share the name of the company and what are the exclusions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This sounds like a very good deal. Can you share the name of the company and what are the exclusions?
I purchased the warranty from the Mercedes dealership I dealt with in Southeast PA.

The Warranty was described to me as “everything except the literal bumpers”

·
Registered
1999 C280, 2015 C300
393 Posts
I purchased the warranty from the Mercedes dealership I dealt with in Southeast PA.

The Warranty was described to me as “everything except the literal bumpers”
Can you share the name and contact information of the warranty company. It should be on your contract. You got a very deal :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts