Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320 & 1997 Boxster
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to fix my baby, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,839 Posts
I got mine from thebenzbin.com very inexpensive and shows up in a few days. It is an OE Mercedes part too...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rude Dude!

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Hey Julia, what a coincidence, after reading your post i saw you have a 2000 MY also, thought when is mine going to give up, then I went to lunch came back to work, after rolling down my driver side window to show my badge to the guard, guess what my window won't go up.:-( I guess its our turn to fix it. I need one too.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Just bought mine from ebay $110.00 + 7.50 S&H and its NEW. thebenzbin cost $142.60 FREE shipping.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jim!! :)

Long time no see!

I guess I cursed you! Sorry to hear that yours is also on the fritz. I bought one off of ebay too, but it was 125.00 plus 7.00 shipping! :( You are a better ebayer than I !! The good part is that it is also a NEW one, but I would have liked to have saved that 14.50! ;)

Good to see you are still on the board, even with the new crazy format! :)

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
J-bird said:
Hi Jim!! :)

Long time no see!

I guess I cursed you! Sorry to hear that yours is also on the fritz. I bought one off of ebay too, but it was 125.00 plus 7.00 shipping! :( You are a better ebayer than I !! The good part is that it is also a NEW one, but I would have liked to have saved that 14.50! ;)

Good to see you are still on the board, even with the new crazy format! :)
Yup I'm still around and mostly just browsing, and hey you didn't cursed me in fact I 've been waiting for this to happen,:) oh the price yes i got mine a little cheaper and the guy email me last night that the part has shipped....good I have project this weekend, are you going to DIY?...search for window switch and there is a good instruction that you can follow. Nice to see you too!

·
Registered
98 ML320& 05 ML350SE
147 Posts
check eBay.... I paid something closer to $70 last year for a OEM new unit from a MB dealer for our 98ML. I did the swap and then took the old one apart - relatively easy to repair as I recall, the copper contact "strips" just needed a little bend to straighten them out for better contact. Not difficult at all, and maybe will earn you a few more miles while hunting eBay for a replacement.

I paid something like $125 for a OEM MAF too, so there are deals to be had on eBay - just check out the seller references.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
It costed me only around $75.00 dollars for a new OEM updated part from the dealer, and it was list price as always.... Why are people paying more than $100.00 for it..??

You need to make sure you get an updated part number, too, or you are going to have the same problems again and again..

Good luck...

AC

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
I don't know AC, i called the dealer around before i purchased mine off ebay and their price is double....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Me too, they wanted $400.00 parts and labor at the dealer. I will be installing myself and saving around $286.00!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Mine was $70.00 at the dealer. Installed it myself with the DIY instructions from the forum. This was for my 99 430.

MB of El Dorado Hills, CA

·
Registered
681 Posts
Paid $ 65 for my about year ago
for sure easy DIY job

With my luck it happened when i rolled window down to throw away cigarette
doing 80-90 miles on highway thru hard Florida rain (hurracaine season)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts