Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a W164 style grill for my W163. Where's the best place to buy it? I see them on eBay for about $150 shipped, but I question the fitment.

Where's everyone getting theirs from?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm looking for a W164 style grill for my W163. Where's the best place to buy it? I see them on eBay for about $150 shipped, but I question the fitment.

Where's everyone getting theirs from?
I got mine from "for my mercedes." It's a little more than what you'll find from Ebay, but it's worth it. Here's what mine looks like on my ML.

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply. Is the quality, fit/finish actually better than the eBay ones?

Also, can I ask you how much you paid for the grill? I went to "for my mercedes", but don't see it there.

Where is everyone else getting there's from?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Is the quality, fit/finish actually better than the eBay ones?

Also, can I ask you how much you paid for the grill? I went to "for my mercedes", but don't see it there.

Where is everyone else getting there's from?
Hi,

I think I paid around $175 and had in 2 days. The quality is great. Eveyone thinks I have a newer ML because of the grille. I spoke to Jerry from the siite I gave you earlier and his website got hacked over the weekend...he's trying to get it up and running again this week. He has alot of accessories for your W163.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
If you want the best quality get one from for my mercedes .com. if you want to save around $50 get one from ebay. i recommend the first option.

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll go with the first option. I thought maybe they were the same product--only selling for cheaper on eBay. If there is a quality difference, I definitely don't mind paying a little extra.

·
Registered
02 ML 55 (SOLD: 98 & 02 ML320)
1,309 Posts
bought an oem w164 on ebay for $50 :) im happy.
had to grind it down but it worked like a charm.
if you look closely you can see cable ties which sucks and i could have avoided if u spend more time on it ...but ohh well. it works fine.

·
Registered
2001 ML320 w/ AMG Sport Package
79 Posts
I got mine from eBay. They are just the same quality. The Grille I got from eBay also include an OEM Star Emblem, it's the best you can get.
I got the grille within 3 days after I paid. It fits PERFECTLY.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which Ebay sellers or stores??

I too like the ebay option but do any of you havw the seller ID of the person whom you've purchased your grill from? Also, how long on the install? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts