Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2002 C 240 and I wanted to know any good places in SD for upgrades/modifications. I guess the first thing would be to clear my lights out and then perhaps get bulbs. What's the main difference besides the price for the Xenon headlamps/lights? Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed the Philips Vision Plus bulb about a year ago

It's a noticable improvement and quite simple to do. I ordered the pair of bulbs through Fosmo.com they were about $30 including shipping. From what I've heard they're the best 55w bulbs made, but they aren't the fake HIDs which I didn't want. I believe one of the more well known MB accessory retailers is based in SD, maybe Autoclass? I'm sure someone here will know more than I! Where'd you buy the C? Color? options?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

I bought mine at Laguna Niguel. <-- i believe that they are the best dealership in Southern California just because of their 'Star' experience which include fresh fruits, soda, MB labeled water, leather couches, 50' plasma HDTV with CNN, etc. and a Concierge desk. It's a really nice place, plus the free car wash thingy. :) I got a C 240 Metallic Silver Sport Edition with the moon roof package. Nothing too special, really. thanks for your info. So those were for the headlamps? they look bright white?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Headlights

I really can't tell a difference looking at them, they don't look like xenons. I installed them at night and did just one first. I took it for a drive and could definitely tell one was brighter. I also parked in front of my garage door and could see a big difference there as well, I should've taken a picture. I would say they were definitely worth the time and money, but if you want something that looks like xenons you'd likely be disappointed. One other upgrade I did was to install a pair of side nets and a sill net in the trunk. They're highly functional and look real sharp. The trunk really look sparten to me, but not with the three nets installed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Headlights

Where'd you get the nets at? what's the best place that you can order these at? So the BLue Vision Phillips are the Xenon HID imitations? Really they are just hte bulb not the gas-filled headlamp, right? Are the blues better though?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Headlights

.elijah, <br> I got mine off ebay for 24.00 and its make's a lot a diffirence compare to the OEM bulb It's called Krypton gas filled and I have it for about 6 months now and the lighting is still the same light bluist not blue like most of the imitation in the market for 9.99. Wonder why I keep browsing the 'C' board because 'C' is my next ride.<br> good day, its raining out there today huh!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nets

I bought mine through shopmercedesparts.com and saved probably $20 total. I tried to see if they still had the cheap prices but my link wouldn't work anymore, they were quite disorganized and may be no longer doing the internet sales. It was an MB dealer in Maryland if I remember right. You might try clairparts.com. MB retail is something like $28 each for the side nets and $36 for the sill net. It would really be easier to just go to an MB dealer and buy them. They come with all the instructions, it took about half an hour to install all three. If you're interested I have an extra brand new sill net for the 01/02 C sedans. You can have it for $20 if you want it. Just let me know. Take it easy and enjoy the car!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out Hoehn in Oceanside for parts discounts

They advertise in Autoweek Magazine. Their phone number is 1-800-675-1993. Tell them you saw it in Autoweek to get the right price. While they may not be quite as cheap as Autoclass.net for specific items like CD changers, you can get any MB part/accessory from them and pick it up in person to save shipping and time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts