Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone! i'm gonna start posting here because it's hard to get help at mbworld. lol. I was wondering what Magnaflow muffler would be best for my E320? i want something like model #14830 that a lot of people put on their C class. i want a muffler with tips. i would really appreciate any suggestions or pictures of your cars with a Magnaflow! thanks!

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
my guess would be none. but if you really want one than just measure the size of your current muffler, and than look at magnaflow's website for the one with closest dimensions to your stock. you will get a scratchier sound with the magnaflow muffler though. is that what you are looking for? if so just remove the resonator and if you want chrome tips just buy a pair of chrome tips and weld them to your existing tips. this way you will get the looks and a more loud note without spending much.
remember though making a 98 e320 sound like a trans-am is not a pleasant view.

·
Registered
1998 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^haha true. but i want a magnaflow for the sound and possibly performance too. i was thinking of removing the resonator too, but like you said, i dont want my car to sound like a trans am :D

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
for sound and performance i would just remove the resonator then. you might get a couple hp gain by removing resonator, but not with different muffler. and you will get a throatier sound too by removing resonator. if resonator is dual-in and single-out, than you will need a y-pipe, if it's dual both sides than you will need a x-pipe, along with longer pipes to weld into muffler. whatever you end up doing, don't forget to take a video for us.

·
Registered
1998 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for sound and performance i would just remove the resonator then. you might get a couple hp gain by removing resonator, but not with different muffler. and you will get a throatier sound too by removing resonator. if resonator is dual-in and single-out, than you will need a y-pipe, if it's dual both sides than you will need a x-pipe, along with longer pipes to weld into muffler. whatever you end up doing, don't forget to take a video for us.
Sorry, I forgot to add in the looks part. Haha. I think I'll do both resonator delete and put a magnaflow. And don't worry, it wouldn't be complete without a video for everyone :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts