Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CL600
91 Posts
I haven't seen anyone report a muffler that provides better performance than the stock AMG muffler. Most aftermarket mufflers will be louder, deeper, etc., but they will not gain power. So, stick with stock.

Piping appears to be sufficient. Changing to high flow second cats will help, as will an X pipe (resonator delete). I think those are worth roughly 8 hp each.

Headers will help. I know AMS has reasonably priced W210 headers.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
When modifying exhaust you need to be aware of your state regulations for smog inspections.

You have to understand the W210 E55 is a handbuilt factory tuned performance setup, with the only substantial gains cost bucks for major mod's.

1) x-pipe or called xbox conversion on the existing muffler setup is said by some to improve mid-range. If I was doing it I would make sure the eBay box gets smoothed inside, set it out for ceramic coating, then have it cut and installed.

2) Kleeman created headers based for their supercharger, but would be over kill on a non-supercharged E55

·
Registered
99 model w210 e55 amg
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
oh thanks guys! by the way im from the philippines we dont have that much smog regulations so its ok to modify cars.
im planing on doing an x mod with reworked pipings and headers customed by my friend what do you guys think of it? thanks!
can you pls post pics of available headers and exhaust for the e55 amg thanks!!

and also whats the stock piping size of the e55? im planing on modifying it making it bigger for better exhaust flow......

pls also can you post pics of the x pipe... thanks so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts