Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many threads on this and I have searched through without finding an answer to my question.

I am interested in being able to diagnose issues beyond just CEL and codes. For example, my cruise doesn't work above 55mph due to one or more bad wheel speed sensors and I would like a tool or program that would give me wheel speed sensor read outs while driving.

Any chance this mid range tool from HF would do the trick?
CAN OBD II Code Reader / EOBD Scanner

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
I'm not aware of any OBD reader that will reach into the MB-specific system and do anything beyond OBD functionality.

The best is an easy answer: Star Diagnostic System. That also answers the "most expensive" question.

I haven't looked at the Carsoft interface for a long time, but it's fairly sophisticated and if you already have a windows laptop with a dedicated serial port it is very affordable. I don't recall if it will reach through to each sensor, though.

The most cost-effective thing might be to find an indy shop that runs SDS. Let them do the diagnostics, then do the repair yourself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
No, the "next level" is the abiility to read MB proprietary codes.. and that cannot be done by a standard OBII reader..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts