Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Best built, most reliable mid 90's Benz?

20402 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Nate
Hi,
I'm curious -- can anyone tell me which is the most reliable, sturdiest mid 1990's Benz? I'm in the market, and I've heard that it is the "pre-model change" 320 E -- is that true?

Thanks!
Foof
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Well I like the W202 C class pretty well, but like the W203 better! heh heh. The 95 E300D...

Well I like the W202 C class pretty well, but like the W203 better! heh heh. The 95 E300D turbo is such a nice car. It's got power (for a diesel), it's very economical, and it's a diesel so you gotta love it.

Really there is no 'best' mercedes. All of them have their problems, some more severe than others. Find one that is in the best possible condition and has all service records with it. Whether it's a 190, a C, E, or S, it's gonna be a great car if cared for well.

· Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
The Mercedes-Benzes of the 80's and early 90's are no doubt the best. This includes anyt...

The Mercedes-Benzes of the 80's and early 90's are no doubt the best. This includes anything from the 190 to the 300 as well as the W126 S-Class. Then in 1996 things started to hit a snag...

· Registered
60 Posts
We'll see how these current cars will hold up with time! They seem to be solid. Just t...

We'll see how these current cars will hold up with time! They seem to be solid. Just they have the usual electronic failure that any complex car like that would have. But I feel they are capable of making it completely reliable like the 80s cars have built a reputation for!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.