Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudes, what's the best bang of the buck brake upgrade for a 89' W124 300CE?

Possible to transplant some OEM AMG brakes from other models onto the W124?

Ron

·
Registered
953 Posts
Drilled or grooved rotors with high quality pads . This will stop great but eat pad more so than a stock setup. Better pads leave less rim dust than cheapies . Stick with the stock setup as BENZ KNOWS BEST.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Carbon fibre pads from KVR Performance. I got over 90,000 km with their pads/Brembo cross-drilled rotor combination. Stopping power is superior to stock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
For keeping the original 15" rims, go for the brakes from the W124.091 (300 TE 24 valve) Four piston calipers in front with bigger discs, and vented disc rear. A good improvement over the 12 valve's brakes. Do also change all hoses and perhaps rebuild master cylinder!!!

/Alexander

·
Registered
3 Posts
For keeping the original 15" rims, go for the brakes from the W124.091 (300 TE 24 valve) Four piston calipers in front with bigger discs, and vented disc rear. A good improvement over the 12 valve's brakes. Do also change all hoses and perhaps rebuild master cylinder!!!

/Alexander
Sorry to dig this up, but will this set up bolt directly on an 87 300e? thank you

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
My Sportline's got 15" wheels and the 300-24 front brake arrangement. It should be a straight bolt-on job.

RayH
Are they the same 15" the stock cars got or did the sportlines get anything different? I just heard (maybe I am wrong...) that the OE 15's did not have the inside diameter needed.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I know it's an old thread.

You have to use the later style wheels which will clear the calipers.
Any of the wheels used on the multivalve 6 cylinder, and 8 cylinder cars.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
If you read the thread you posted in, its right here. :confused:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
23 Participants
kwittnebel
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing