Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Euro 560 SEC AMG
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 1991 560 SEC and the engine is now shot so I have to get a new car. I do not know which car to get. I need something pretty reasonably priced and I'd like it to be fast and easily upgradadble. I had been looking at the 190E because it's used in touring races, but I don't know if I would be able to get a fast one of those. Give me some suggestions as what Mercedes I should get, I'm 18 and don't want a Honda or a Toyota, I want a Benz, but it needs to be able to put those rice burners to shame.

·
Registered
Widebody SEC
774 Posts
read my sig

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
There isn't anything else to compare!!! or recommend!!!

Rebuild the engine
Replace the engine
Sell her to me? my shipping address is London, ON [email protected]
send some photos

MBGary

·
Registered
'86 190E 2.3L
1,724 Posts
Lean more towards that 190E..I have to say, this is a very fast car.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Best Benz? If you want upgradeability and speed, get one of the smaller ones but pre-Daimler Chrysler models for the quality and reliability. W201 and W124 should suit you well. Refine your search by going through models available. Most of the time, it's for these models that I see upgrades for. Goodluck!

·
Registered
10 GLK 350 4Matic
704 Posts
Your preference for a 190 will keep you in good stead. Get a 2.6 190E with the 6 cylinder.

You can pick them up cheap and they are very fast.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
patolicar_MB - 4/27/2005 4:53 PM

I LIKE A LOT, MERCEDES GOLDWING I THINK IS THE BEST BENZ BUILDING EVER...
It sounds like english but I don't understand a damn word you're saying. Anyway if you want a fast upgradeable mercedes, definately go with the 190e. preferably the 2.6 Evolution II.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts