Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 600SEL that I am relocating from a non-snowy area to New England. In looking at performance in snow, I like the ratings on the Bridgestone Turanza Revo's. However I don't understand why the Z rated tires are SO MUCH better, especially in snow, than the H rated tires. They got an amazingly high satisfaction rating.<br> <br> Are the Turanza Z Revo's the best tire for my application?<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Marc

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Dunlop Sport 5000's would be my choice for an all-season tire in the snow

I like the price, but they don't appear to be available in the stock 600SEL size (235/60-16). I'd rather stick with the stock size. Also the Asymmetricals got better ratings all around (especially in snow) than the Symmetricals - do you agree?<br> <br> Although more money, do you recommend the Turanza Z Revos? Any idea why the Z's have better ratings than the H's?<br> <br> Marc

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Dunlop Sport 5000's would be my choice for an all-season tire in the snow

the Turanza Z Revo has a higher silicon content which makes it better than the 'H Revo' when it comes to snow traction. In the 235/60-16 size hte Turanza would be number 1 for snow traction The Dunlop Sport A2 seems like it may be pretty good also but, trhey haven't been tested in the snow yet<br> <br> Luke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts