Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what would be the best aftermarket exhaust to purchase for a c240? Best meaning as far as performance upgrades without sounding obnoxious.

Also, where would be the best place to buy body kits for the c-class? I'm not sure which one to get, leaning towards lorinser or brabus...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.6 Auto, Artic White/grey MB-Tex
278 Posts
Unless you pan to upgrade your exhaust manifold, you'll get zero performance gains.

·
Registered
05 C230k ss benzo
29 Posts
Remus exhaust, very classy nice note for amercedes and it looks great. HP would be about 3-5HP if you just plug and play without no fuss.

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.6 Auto, Artic White/grey MB-Tex
278 Posts
doctaron - 3/20/2005 3:51 PM

Remus exhaust, very classy nice note for amercedes and it looks great. HP would be about 3-5HP if you just plug and play without no fuss.
Your HP could vary by more than that just based on the temperature of the air under your hood!

·
Registered
71 Posts
So the Remus exhaust would be a good choice then? I trying to decide between the Brabus(also made by Remus) and the Remus. The Remus would be like half the price, but ive heard from some that the Brabus is better. Still undecided.

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
the only difference would be price, tip style and brand name...

brabusCcoupe - 3/20/2005 2:48 AM
So the Remus exhaust would be a good choice then? I trying to decide between the Brabus(also made by Remus) and the Remus. The Remus would be like half the price, but ive heard from some that the Brabus is better. Still undecided.

·
Registered
C Class (W203)
212 Posts
What does Jim mean by upgrading the exhaust manifold?
Will this increase HP a lot?
I currently have the Brabus exhaust...its not really loud...is there anything I can do to make it sound deeper? no rice rocket sound of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts