Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 sel
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a reasonable National / International price for a set of leads(Beru) for a 380. Ship to Perth, AUS. I have been quoted some insane price.

·
Registered
500SEC
183 Posts
Who quoted you the price (and what was it)?

If you find a set can you pm me as i will need a new set too. I'm 90% sure the shop i got to do a full service re-used my existing leads and charged me for new one's but i can't be sure as i didn't mark them before i sent the car in for service.

Off-topic, what mechanic (if any) do you use?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,108 Posts
I think fellow mod 420 SE has a reasonably priced Australian source.

·
Registered
380 sel
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote was from Pace Motors, "not too sure if Beru, but will be european and will cost around 360AUD."
No mechanic at present, trying to sort out all the little things first. I am reasonable with cars provided I have the right directions / guidance. I will need the chain job done in the future. I am on the hunt for someone who knows these babies/brutes. I will let you know..
420 SE has been on the quite side..

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,108 Posts
Quote was from Pace Motors, "not too sure if Beru, but will be european and will cost around 360AUD."
No mechanic at present, trying to sort out all the little things first. I am reasonable with cars provided I have the right directions / guidance. I will need the chain job done in the future. I am on the hunt for someone who knows these babies/brutes. I will let you know..
420 SE has been on the quite side..
Why not send a PM?

Shipping from the U.S., only U.S. post express is affordable.

·
Registered
380 sel
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I continued searching prices in Oz, ended up at an insane 530 AUD.
I recieved some advice from forum members and searched the net. Ended up with this set with Bremi boots. It all fits together well/snug, the idle is smoother and I am watching the fuel consumption. Total cost 124 AUD. I figured that any other leads would be better that what was on the car. I decided I would get them in blue, to keep the theme of the old set.

Attachments

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,610 Posts
Sorry, I must have missed this post at the time - maybe during exams.

I got my set for around $380 from MB Spares in Canberra, the cheapest in AUS but with the dollar nearly pegging the USD I have been shopping from GermanStar and even with $40 postage, still coming out with prices at 50% below what I can get in AUS. EG, flex disks, $180 each AUS, $90 each US.

·
Registered
500SEC
183 Posts
Hey denver, couldn't find the shop you mentioned in pm on ebay?
I currently have Beru leads of unknown mileage and occasionally get a rough idle (checked OVP fuse and replaced, still same issue).

Is there a way i can tell how old/how broken my leads are?

Maybe a sticky on some good online shops might be an idea?

·
Registered
380 sel
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
420 SE, no probs. The AUD is pretty good at present for shopping abroad. The has been telling me this for some time now.. The leads (OZ vs US prices second that opinion.
Jay, there is a thread on testing them. I did not bother testing mine, the idle and appearance of them was all I needed. I have a pic @ home that shows how hard/stiff the old leads are. They are frozen/heat moulded in the position showing their route around the engine. They are capable of standing unassisted against the wall. LOL. Original leads I guess...

·
Registered
500SEC
183 Posts
Haha mine arent that bad.. If they were id be panicking!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
HT leads

I am looking for a set of HT leads for my 450 slc (78) and here again prices are very high. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
1990 420 SEL
84 Posts
I'm looking for a reasonable National / International price for a set of leads(Beru) for a 380. Ship to Perth, AUS. I have been quoted some insane price.
Try Mercbit in Victoria, they are selling Beru wires. I bought a set from them a few yrs agao less than $300.00

Look up their phone in Whitepages.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts