Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know if they ever answer their email? I've sent two emails to them asking about a set of downpipes and cat for the SE but they never respond. Should I just give up and call them?

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,245 Posts
Give them a call.

In my experience, Carl is easier to get hold of on the phone than via e-mail.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Plus they're no longer in business so that could be a problem. They are selling what they have left and doing a few short and odd jobs but I guess they are done.

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EuroCoupe - 4/12/2005 10:30 AM

Plus they're no longer in business so that could be a problem. They are selling what they have left and doing a few short and odd jobs but I guess they are done.
Wow, really? That sucks[V] Any idea why, I never got the impression from here that they were anything other than a strong business. I guess that means no more 1st gear starts or other goodies.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Read this thread to see if/what they will keep doing/selling...

http://www.500ecstasy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1478

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,245 Posts
BergWerks out of business![:0]

That is such a shame.[:(]

Anyone know whether Satish and his MotorWerks shop is taking over some of their products?

·
Registered
573 Posts
oh no....i was just getting my list ready.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
You can still call them and get in touch at least with Steve. Calling them is definitely the way to get in touch.

As for me, the news prompted me to stop procrastinating and went ahead to order a keyless entry kit. Darn it I did not check with them on warranty issues but it is miles better than generic kits since Bergwerks are designed specifically for MB vehicles.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
After seeing this thread and getting over the shock, I too called Steve to stockpile a few extras.

A real shame! Carl and his group were the best of the best!!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Anyone here with...

a W126 sedan fitted with their 1st Gear Start Module?

I tried a number of times today with manual 1st gear start. It's hard to say whether I like having mine starting with the 1st gear. It make more sense installed in an SEC, but I felt that the experience of driving a sedan became ordinary with the 1st gear start (engine sound and all that). What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,245 Posts
Naomilla,

Get the 1st gear start module while it is still available.

If you (against all odds..) don't like it; take it out and auction it off on ebay at a vast profit.[:)]

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Thanks Axel, I'm not an entrepreneurial kind so your suggestion came to me like a sort of an epiphany.

I don't think it's too late to buy stuff from them - I think they are keeping online store going for a little longer, but who knows when they decide to fold that too. In any case, give them a call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts