Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post your car or parts at BenzList.com Submit ideas here.

Hello Benz enthusiasts,

Just wanted to bring to your attention a classifieds website only for Mercedes-Benz cars. The website is called BenzList.com and it is free for anyone to post and search.

It's built focused on MB and with the goal to make it easy to use. A nice feature is that once you post a car there you can also post it on your Facebook or Twiter account with just a click. You can upload up to 5 pics at 5MB each. Check out the website to test drive all these features and more.

Parts section has been added as well.

I welcome you to check it out and use it to post your cars. Currently open to US only, and if there enough request it can be available to Canada very soon or other countries.

If you use the website to search or post your car please leave any feedback or suggestions here and we do our best to implement them at BenzList.com.

Hope this is ok with the admins at BenzWorld.org and if enough members find the site useful maybe this post can become a sticky in this category.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
You contact us link is broken. Otherwise I would have left a note saying that you need to allow parts as well!!!

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I just meant to post the contact bit about not listing parts...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just meant to post the contact bit about not listing parts...
Got it. I will add the parts section as well. I got to figure out what is the best way to enter the data so that it will be easy to search them.

The feedback/contact us is working now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any suggestion on what would be the best way to list/search for parts.

I am thinking to create the structure for the parts section based on the Chassis.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How to setup parts section

Hi there I sell mercedes parts for a living so i hope that your website turns out to be great. i would love to be able to search by just entering the part number. thats how most people identify if its correct or not. also instead of doing it by chassis which could get really confusing because alot of the time a part will work with multiple chassis or only one specific car in that chassis list i think you should do it by individual car to make it just that much easier for people to list and search for parts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jfrankmotors Totally didn't think about that, even though I usually use part number to search parts on sites. I will have a field for the part number and just go with the year and model when people post a part.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Parts for Mercedes-Benz

awesome it sounds like it would be one of the best places to buy and sell parts. let me know when you have the parts section up and running. i would definitely use your website

·
Registered
384 Posts
Make the partnumber field fuzzy, as in let it ignore prefixing letters and spaces that show up in benz partnumbers. Would be annoying if a search for "124 00 00 000" didn't find "1240000000".

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
site is looking good, finally some nice 124's up there :D

still would be nice to be able to search by chassis (for both cars and parts).. it probably doesn't matter much to the average MB buyer but the enthusiast crowd will likely find it extremely helpful...

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Parts....

Chassis/motor.

EG windows switches for a 123 are universal for chassis, but glowplug relay is only good for diesels...

·
Registered
661 Posts
searching by part number

I am parting out many R129 SLs, and I can tell you that organizing the parts by part number first would make your job the easiest. After all, the part numbers are stamped on practically any MB part. What matters is that you are able to handle this project in the first place, so you may want to keep it simple.

People often use many different names for the same parts, and there are easily misspellings. It can be tricky to find compatibility info within one chassis/series already, and that gets really tough when crossing over to other chassis.

If you want to be fancy, you could have people fill in part number, part name, and model compatibility that they know of, while making all that info searchable or listed in numeric or alphabetic order in each segment.

If you can pull this off even just by p/n, I will run a few dozen parts to try it out, and possibly list hundreds later.

-Klaus

[email protected]

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Parts section added.

Thank you all for your input. Taking in cosideration your suggestions, I have completed the parts section.

Parts section is now up.

I have added a field so someone can enter Parts Number but that field is not required to be filled. Also you have to list by year and there is a Model field as well where you can type more than one model if applicable. Ex. E320, E430 E55 can be typed on the Model field.
Plus there is chassis field to type compatible chassis as well (ex: W210 & W211). Does someone know where I can get a list of all chassis numbers? I would like to have this field pre-generated. So that it will load all the chassis instead of having people enter chassis manually.

You don't have to fill all fields, but the more info you enter the easier will be for others to find your part. A few fields are required though.

Take a look at BenzList.com and if you have suggestions as to what needs to be changed or added let me know.

Also send me a message if you know where I can get a list of all chassis made by MB.

Thank you for your feedback. Hope this will help us all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The parts section is up and there is a few parts there now. If someone has MB parts feel to post them there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you think think this should be sticky in the for sale section?

Please comment if you find the site useful and would like to see it as a sticky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts