Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
none yet
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all Benz dads or moms.
I am in the process of swapping from a sport/luxury(BMW) to a luxury/sport(Benz). Since someone felt the need to deprive me of mine, I have always wanted a Benz anyway. I am leaning towards the S500 and more so to the S55. I have only been on this site for 2 days now and have beeb trying read all information about the Benz community and get a feel for how everyone is or isn't satified with certain aspects of the car. But right now I would like some open opinions about this. My previous car was a 99 323i with all Dinan 3 package. But I am getting older now and feel like I deserve something better with more luxury but still want to maintain that light burning edge.

Any comments

·
Registered
04 G500
1,634 Posts
hey this situation sounds familiar. I first started with a fully modified Dinan 3 E46. I eventually ran out of things to do with it and realized that the Integra folks were graduating to the e46 car.

So I sold it and got a new 996 Porsche, that was cool for about 11 months until I got rid of it for my current S-Class.
I bought the S430 with the Sport AMG package and there is not much more to do with it since it's "kit'd out" and already rolling on a good enough set of AMG rims.

If I were to do it all over again, I would have gone with the E55. I understand your statement of "Getting old", this is how I felt when I needed an "adult" car, hence the S-Class. BUT!!! at times I think I went a little too "Adult" with this car. It feels like I'm driving daddy's car, at times extremely boring with this car. The cops don't even look at you anymore. I'm rolling with no front plates, "G-Unit" tinted windows switching lanes and the cops don't even care. At times, it's no fun.

Think twice before you buy and S-Class before you're 30, I feel like I made a mistake, because now, there is really now car to look forward to when I get older. (well, a Bentley but I can't see spending that much dough on car)/

·
Registered
2000 S500 Sport
79 Posts
Hmm... I think it all depends on your personality, age, and even where you live. My S500 fits me well. And I'm 31 (and look even younger) and that is part of what makes the car so fun - it shocks people everywhere I go in it. I live in a nice area and everyone my age is driving a 3-series or a C-class or an Infinity G35 so the S500 really sets me apart.

The bottom line really is your personality and what YOU want for yourself... when choosing a car I based my decision on what made me happy and not what other people think or if the cops will pay attention to me. Driving my S500 literally brings me joy and that's why I have it.

·
Registered
S-500
56 Posts
Actually cops always look at me when I'm in my S-500. I LOVE MY CAR. but they've stopped me because they thought that I might be carrying drugs or what not. I guess if you're really young you'll look like a drug dealer (and that's not what i wanted when i bought this car). But yeah when driving it'll feel great, and really really smooth. Plus you can have you friends in it and still do pretty well. I'm 17 but most of my friends are in their mid 20's and they've all ended up having honda civics, and accords mostly, only one other person i know has a "luxury" car, and she has got a BMW X-5. And that light burning edge will be even more fullfilling in the S-55

1 - 4 of 4 Posts