355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this article - pretty interesting reading:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8180

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Chevrolet are re-branding all the Hyundi (a very low rent Korean car) dealerships in the UK under their own (i.e.Chevrolet) name. As a Brit, with a long standing interest in motor vehicles, I used to think anything from the USA was interesting and (over here) fairly exclusive, but when Chrysler brought out the Neon, and now Chevy are doing this, it seems as if the USA motor industry are clutching at straws.[:(]

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
Well, I wouldn't be trashing Hyundai like that as a "very low rent car". I have had alot of trouble with design flaws in Chevy S-10's fel delivery system and Hyundai squashes GM's factory warranty. In fact, in addition to my 2005 SLK 350, I just bought a 2005 Hyundai for a commuter because Chevy's warranty sucks and I use the Hyundai when I don't want to get the ben-zee wet or dirty.

I really haven't heard that MB is having much troubles with anything really. But maybe the fact that there are some SLKs on dealers lots mirrors the over production of GM's Caddys.

I'm just happy to have my car!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are you sure it isn't Daewoo?

Woolly - 3/11/2005 4:40 PM

Chevrolet are re-branding all the Hyundi (a very low rent Korean car) dealerships in the UK under their own (i.e.Chevrolet) name. As a Brit, with a long standing interest in motor vehicles, I used to think anything from the USA was interesting and (over here) fairly exclusive, but when Chrysler brought out the Neon, and now Chevy are doing this, it seems as if the USA motor industry are clutching at straws.[:(]

·
Registered
SLK350
10 Posts
Woolly - 3/11/2005 4:40 PM

Chevrolet are re-branding all the Hyundi (a very low rent Korean car) dealerships in the UK under their own (i.e.Chevrolet) name.[:(]
Any Hyundai is actually a pretty good deal - this Korean manufacturer is currently producing cars of a quality comparable to other Japanese cars in its class, and selling for thousands of dollars less, and a very comprehensive warranty to boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts