Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
04 odyssey (265k) 1995 E320 wagon (295k)
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend was a camping, canoeing trip lovingly referred as "fool fest" (13th annual). I learned a few things such as:
If its a downpour dont even set up your tent, fold the seats of your wagon
and watch your buddies tents float away while sipping a cold one.

Pioneer Campground in Laporte, PA is owned by a 25yr Benz Corporate retiree, Ray Coker and his wife Kathy.
Needless to say his first words to me were "That's a nice car". Great guy, I might add.

Either way car ate up the 3.5 hour drive there and then back, and returned 24mpg. :thumbsup:

Almost forgot the canoe guy's shuttle car was an 80's funeral limo (extra doors), and offered to buy my wagon,
Said it'd be great to put some canoes on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 300 CE Cabriolet
278 Posts
What wagons are for.

Glad you enjoyed your trip and I agree it would look great with canoes, kayaks, bikes, skis, or even a thule box on top.

I have yet to own a wagon, but I have enjoyed them all my life as a kid and young adult. I really don't think anyone does wagon better than MB. I'll let you know when I get one myself.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,445 Posts
Took my wagon the Grand Canyon last year. Was an awesome trip in her! Plus, like you said, put the seats down and slept in there. :)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was nice to have a comfy option....again....wagons rule.

The campround owner gave me his card and said we could do a tour? (In Montvale?, thought that was just offices?)
Still trying to figure out if looking at non manufacturing would be interesting, but hey I bet the marketing would have some fun swag.

He was in charge of all the body shops, so....? I dunno?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zeit,
Never seen one of the mini circus tents like on that type III.
If it came with a little ferris wheel too I might go for it.

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
The headlight and windshield visors must provide frontal downforce to keep the front wheels on the ground at speeds over 30mph. (max speed with that rig)

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
Man I can visualize that Aero Cabana on the roof of my 55 Plymouth. Bitchin!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts