Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
W210 2001 E430
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!!

I'm aware of the fact that our mirrors can bend as long as you hold it but, does anyone know how to keep it bent? I changed jobs and the parking space in my new job is very tight. I'm afraid that it might get scratched one of these days. If it is possible please tell me how to do it or I will have to park as far away as possible and walk those extra steps to save my mirrors :D!

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
Have 2000 CLK320 soft top,W210s replaced with rare'11 Turbo 9-5NG (only 500 imported) , '07 9-7x.
156 Posts
:dunno:I am not sure it can be locked, but if parking is that tight i would be more worried about dents and body scuffs all over the car.

·
Registered
W210 2001 E430
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:dunno:I am not sure it can be locked, but if parking is that tight i would be more worried about dents and body scuffs all over the car.
Well dents always happen...Has already happened 5 times to my car. They are easy to fix IMO but when my friends mirror got "Hit" he had to replace the whole thing. The fact that we have a blinker on the edge of the mirror makes me more worried also.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
You should park as far away as possible and walk those extra steps to save your mirrors. If you keep folding the mirror, the spring hook will break.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,106 Posts
motorized folding mirrors are possible, though an expensive retrofit. this option
was not really made available for NoAmerican 210s. I believe the mod would
cost about $2k or so and generally done by someone like Steve/Netherlands
(who travels to US to perform these mods), or Houston's Sunil Patel (who used
to be a frequent forum member).

·
Registered
W210 2001 E430
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plan B ^_^

Thank you ever for the replies! I guess I will stick to plan B to save those mirrors :D. I have no problem with doing that as long as I have no need to spend extra money to fix something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts