Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work minutes ago when my serpentine belt decided it no longer wanted to be a part of my car. Therefore, I need to replace.

I have a 2001 CLK 430 with approx 65k on it. I would like to do this myself as I did on my BMW a few years back. Was the average cost of taking this to the dealer or independent shop? I know it can't be that difficult as long as I can get to the pulleys.

Does anyone know of a DIY online or have any diagrams or pics of the process?

Thanks for the help!

-Z

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dlanoz said:
I was driving home from work minutes ago when my serpentine belt decided it no longer wanted to be a part of my car. Therefore, I need to replace.

I have a 2001 CLK 430 with approx 65k on it. I would like to do this myself as I did on my BMW a few years back. Was the average cost of taking this to the dealer or independent shop? I know it can't be that difficult as long as I can get to the pulleys.

Does anyone know of a DIY online or have any diagrams or pics of the process?

Thanks for the help!

-Z
I've done it on my Audi and I'm gonna do it on the CLK in the near future. (already have the pulley and belt) It shouldn't be difficult at all - you just need to find the belt tensioner pullet and use a wrench to pull it back to loosen up the belt. Usually the tensioners have a little hole where you stick a screw driver or something that holds the tensioner in in the loose position.

After that all you gotta do is snake the belt thru the pulleys. The manual has a pic of how the belt looops

·
Registered
00 CLK 430
405 Posts
damn, TK...you actually have that program installed? looks helpful, where can i find a copy?

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Ebay. I tried burning the DVD's with an emulator but there is some odd code I can't get past.

·
Registered
1999 clk 430
59 Posts
im gonna ask that i get a new one when i go in for my recall my oil pan took dammage the seal is hagging out of it and old oil is everywhere so im gonna bitch that the belt isnt going to be the same

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
Thrill, if you are talking about the long number/letter code that you must enter to get the WIS to load, I finally got it loaded with the help of a techno friend. I know you are tech-head so not trying to put anthing on ya but Steve finally figured it out and the WIS works now. It's huge and I don't know how the hell to use it but it's in. If you are cool with the who-sit you got on Ebay "never mind."

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
dlbehrns said:
Thrill, if you are talking about the long number/letter code that you must enter to get the WIS to load, I finally got it loaded with the help of a techno friend. I know you are tech-head so not trying to put anthing on ya but Steve finally figured it out and the WIS works now. It's huge and I don't know how the hell to use it but it's in. If you are cool with the who-sit you got on Ebay "never mind."
I have no problem using it, just copying the sucker. It takes a while to learn the program but it is awesome. The only thing is you need exact terms ie: "serpentine belt" retuned no hits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts