Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
To short of notice, we normally want a couple of weeks to get guys together.
I can go down there this weekend and find out what time the other gang gets there and we can try a little later on, how's that?

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Just remember that graduations are coming up in the next couple of weeks so try to delay it until around 2nd or 3rd week of June to give everyone a chance to attend. I missed the last one at Powerpig's and I really want to be able to make the next one...

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
61 Posts
Mid to late June works for me too. I could not make the last GTG so will definitely try for this one. Any suggestions on where to meet?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Mid to late June works for me too. I could not make the last GTG so will definitely try for this one. Any suggestions on where to meet?
This weekend is beginning to look real sour weather wise, but like I said, I can check and see when the other cars are going to show here in Olney.
If I recall they begin to show up late in the day around 5 PM or so, does that interest anyone?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
61 Posts
This weekend is beginning to look real sour weather wise, but like I said, I can check and see when the other cars are going to show here in Olney.
If I recall they begin to show up late in the day around 5 PM or so, does that interest anyone?
What's going on in Olney this weekend?

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
That's actually not a bad idea. Friday At The Track, anyone? ;)
Summit Point Motorsports Park
Safer and cheaper when the local Benz Club has their weekend.

GWS-Summit Point DE

The problem with FATT is that you get guys out there with more guts than brains, people and cars have managed to get hurt.
Some people actually want to race, and that's not cool if they are driving a $2,000.00 piece of junk while you're in your Benz..... :D

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
What's going on in Olney this weekend?
They have something almost every weekend at the Shopping Center across from Spartan Way, thing is I don't know when they start.
It's warm now, so they probably have their thing going already............ :)

·
Registered
02 - 32 (Stock); 99 SLK230 (RIP); 81 CJ7 (Fully MOD)
399 Posts
Bruce,
I noticed on several occasion, they're there around 5 or 6 pm, when it's cooler. Plus, I believe some of them travelling from western MD, PA, etc. Most of those rods do not have AC, I believe :D

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Bruce,
I noticed on several occasion, they're there around 5 or 6 pm, when it's cooler. Plus, I believe some of them travelling from western MD, PA, etc. Most of those rods do not have AC, I believe :D
True, I know the last time we were there a few cars came all the way from New Jersey.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
61 Posts
The problem with FATT is that you get guys out there with more guts than brains, people and cars have managed to get hurt.
Too true. Last time I was out there, the last session had to be red flagged because some kid in a WRX had to be air-lifted out after messing up at Turn-3.

So is this thing in Olney on Sat or Sun? I was planning on replacing the tranny and diff fluids this weekend, and barring any unforseen complications, would not mind popping over to see what's going on in Olney.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Too true. Last time I was out there, the last session had to be red flagged because some kid in a WRX had to be air-lifted out after messing up at Turn-3.

That kind of thing doesn't happen at a Benz Club meet, you're with an instructor until they feel that you are safe out on the course alone. Depending on which class they put you in, there are only two or three passing zones on the main course. I don't know what the situation is on the Shenandoah Circuit, but the safety factor will be similar.
The wife screwed up at turn 3, and finally ended up off course at turn 5........... We were NOT pleased... :mad:

Although the track can be a lot of fun, and is 99.9% safe, you have to keep in mind that you are going to be moving very fast, and unfortunately, sometimes things happen, even with an instructor. There have been VERY few incidents at Benz Club events.

So is this thing in Olney on Sat or Sun? I was planning on replacing the tranny and diff fluids this weekend, and barring any unforeseen complications, would not mind popping over to see what's going on in Olney.

It's always been on Saturday, sometimes they start arriving a bit before 5 PM but they hang there for quite a while. They usually hang close to the RT.108 side of the lot. You may know that there are lots of places to pick up something to eat while you’re there, so hanging around isn't a problem.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Well I checked as to what the story is at about 6 PM tonight, and it seems that the same "rules" that applied last year are still in effect.
They start to roll in at about 5:00 PM and are there until dark or so and that means about 8 or 9 PM.
Due to the heavy thunderstorms we had most of the day there wasn't much activity only a few older Mustangs and a 1960 Chevy BelAir, with a Shelby Cobra pulling in as I left.

It would seem to be a go if you guys are interested, just pick a Saturday date, and we're on as far as I'm concerned... :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wasnt aware that Olney had hot rod / classic / muscle car cruise in's as well. I have a 68 sports fury, and i regularly go to cruise ins in Mt Airy and in Eldersburg...
so when are we doing our SLK meet and where?

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
How does the 27th of June sound for a starter?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts