Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
hahaha holy crap, no way! HUGE difference!

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Ouch!!! That hurt man:D
Hi mate.

I was just wondering...

If I remember correctly, you have quite a chunky oval back box and tail pipe on your exhaust.
I was wondering what make it is.

The reason I ask is because I have recently ordered a Superprint back box which should be arriving on tuesday. At the moment I don't really know how big it is going to be and was wondering how big the Supersprint box is in comparison to yours.

(eek.. I guess this is where everyone jumps in telling me that Supersprint wasn't the way forward!!)

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Here's more for you all:rotfl:

I've gone through quite a few wheels
Another thing I was wondering Clkman...

I notice that the side skirts on your body kit is flush with the doors. As I'm sure you know, various clk side skirts incorporate a slight indent just under the doors. As well as/ because of this indent, the doors have a plastic/ rubber strip approx 15mm wide that runs along the length of the bottom of the doors - presumably to keep water away from the door opening.

My question is, do you therefore just have the rubber sill that goes all round the door or have they fashioned something different for this "secondary" sill?

May be a pointless question to ask, but hey man... I got time...I got time. (haha)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Another thing I was wondering Clkman...

I notice that the side skirts on your body kit is flush with the doors. As I'm sure you know, various clk side skirts incorporate a slight indent just under the doors. As well as/ because of this indent, the doors have a plastic/ rubber strip approx 15mm wide that runs along the length of the bottom of the doors - presumably to keep water away from the door opening.

My question is, do you therefore just have the rubber sill that goes all round the door or have they fashioned something different for this "secondary" sill?

May be a pointless question to ask, but hey man... I got time...I got time. (haha)

I bought the car with the Brabus kit all around and it didn't have the rubber strip you are talking about. But I know what you are talking about because there is a gap in between the door and the Brabus side skirt.

And to answer your question...the side skirt is Brabus and that's why I don't have what everyone else has in terms of any indentations.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I bought the car with the Brabus kit all around and it didn't have the rubber strip you are talking about. But I know what you are talking about because there is a gap in between the door and the Brabus side skirt.

And to answer your question...the side skirt is Brabus and that's why I don't have what everyone else has in terms of any indentations.

I see.

Cheers for clearing that up.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
Hi mate.

I was just wondering...

If I remember correctly, you have quite a chunky oval back box and tail pipe on your exhaust.
I was wondering what make it is.

The reason I ask is because I have recently ordered a Superprint back box which should be arriving on tuesday. At the moment I don't really know how big it is going to be and was wondering how big the Supersprint box is in comparison to yours.

(eek.. I guess this is where everyone jumps in telling me that Supersprint wasn't the way forward!!)

Yes mine is Supersprint and I love it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yes mine is Supersprint and I love it.
Man, a very large and somewhat relieved smile has appeared on my face.

Your car looks great with it.

Trying to get hold of upgrades for Mercedes in the uK is bloody hard work. After searching some sites, I found details of just 2 back boxes for the CLK. One was the Supersprint and the other was Sebring I think.

I was told that Supersprint is a very good choice. Now I really AM looking forward to have it fitted on tuesday!

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
Man, a very large and somewhat relieved smile has appeared on my face.

Your car looks great with it.

Trying to get hold of upgrades for Mercedes in the uK is bloody hard work. After searching some sites, I found details of just 2 back boxes for the CLK. One was the Supersprint and the other was Sebring I think.

I was told that Supersprint is a very good choice. Now I really AM looking forward to have it fitted on tuesday!

Thanks for the reply.

Some quick pics.:thumbsup: Most MB people seem to buy Eismann exhaust which is a reason I went with Supersprint. Seems allot of BMW people use Supersprint. At least that is what I found with my research.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts