Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S430 156k (11/12)
507 Posts
Can you describe the procedure, did they take the tire off the wheel to do it?

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes S55
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is all this guy does, for a living. No wheels off. Each wheel about 20 minutes. He used a grinder to smooth the surface. He then added some type of material to a paint gun. He said he kind of heats the aluminum in. Of course there was no heat involved, otherwise the tires would have needed to be taken off. Finally he sprayed clear coat. It may not be perfect, but it sure looks a lot better than before.

·
Registered
2000 S430 156k (11/12)
507 Posts
I noticed that first 2 pictures seem to be the same wheel and 275/40R18 above the edge of the rim is visible but on the 2 after repair pictures, there is no writing on the tire.

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes S55
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good observation. I actually had to turn the car around because he was sitting on the ground. Also, the picture maybe for the other wheel, which also was in a similar bad shape, but the after pictures are maybe for one wheel.

·
Registered
2000 S430 156k (11/12)
507 Posts
Well, it is the other repaired wheel then. Do you have the after picture for the first 2 pictures?

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes S55
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Oh I didn't do that. Let me take two pictures for that one and post it. He already started working on the first wheel when I remembered to take pictures. The other wheel was even worse than this one.

Here we go two more pictures...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts