Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my 2005 W211 sometimes makes a random single beep sound coming from the trunk for some reasons. Dealership and my mechanic have no idea what this beep is. This beep noise happens most of the time during driving, and rarely while the engine is off. There's no warning lights at all. Checked the fuse box in the trunk but there's nothing wrong with any of the fuses. I am scratching my head hard but completely have no clue with it.

Finally, I would like to say that the beep noise happens once or twice per week.
Other than that glitch, it's a great ride.

Any assistance is very much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
can you stick a recorder in the trunk and record the beep?
Did someone leave an electronic gadget in the trunk by mistake? Check by the battery
Do you have an automatic closer?
Does your lid rattle? does it close all the way?
I assume you have no codes or messages.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Could this be from a hidden 'tracker unit' located behind the trunk liners? I have one fitted by the original owner, but as I did not renew the annual subscription it stopped operation. Maybe yours is signifying a dying battery.

I have never actually found my tracker, but the paperwork shows that one is installed somewhere!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Roadking999
1. I wanted to, but it hardly makes that noise so this makes it very difficult to record it. If it makes the beep sound regularly then I will know when to record it but it's not.
2. No electronic gadget in the trunk, it's all empty. Nothing next by the main battery under the trunk lid.
3. The lid doesn't rattle, and it does close all the way.
4. No error code, and no messages.
@keyhole
1. I don't have any tracker unit on the car.
Another forum member suggested that the beep actually came from the nav unit on the left wall, and I can only confirm that the sound came from the rear left side. But no one had idea why the nav unit would make such a sound even though it's fully functional.

·
Registered
E500 2003
1 Posts
Check that the rear folding seats are fully "locked" in the upright position. A warning beep comes from the area if the seat/s have been folded down and re not fully locked into the upright position. Try folding the seats down again and slamming them back into upright locked position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dr. Scott, actually the rear seats aren't folding type so I can't lock them at all.
I believe this is an option by choice.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't know what could be causing a beep? as far as i know there isn't any thing that could make a noise like than other than the nav unit on the wall?

Maybe remove the disk or unplug and see if the noise resides?

·
Registered
317 Posts
It kind of sounds like there's something aftermarket fitted in your boot?

Maybe some other module or something like that?

Sorry im not of more assistance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2003 S211.
I'm sure the beep is related with the folding rear seat as it always beeps (the same beep) when I fold down the seats.
The question is: where's the switch or sensor that triggers the beep?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts