Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using my W123 login for some time, but to be fair the 280 ce petrol power car went some years back. As I do 160 odd kms a day travelling to and from work the $150 in premium unleaded going into the W123 was just way too expensive.

I managed to find a E300 W124 Diesel (non-turbo) and have been driving it for four or five years now. Just clicked over the 500,000kms on the speedo. Oh its a 1995 model (I think or 1994).

Wish it had leather seats!

Just had the auto transmission rebuilt. Have had fuel line issues.

I wish MB had imported W124 diesel coupes into Australia as I would have one. The really interesting thing, I ran into a guy at a Petrol Station with a W123 280 CE which looked a little different to my old one. He had imported it from Japan - since the drive on the correct side of the road over there. It had no sunroof, no mag wheels and less emission control systems. SO all in all a good car.

Does anyone know whether the W124 Diesel coupes got to Japan? We (Australians) import a lot of cars from Japan, so maybe a good option. Can anyone think of any downsides to that? Body parts should be available, engine parts should be available...

Thanks.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld. Please complete your profile as this will help members give you the most accurate answer to your questions. Location is also important when we need to help you find parts etc. This forum is for introductions only and all questions should be posted on the appropriate sub forum for your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts