Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the amperage rating on the Becker radio fuse? There is a small fuse in a plastic holder in the back of the radio. The fuse on mine burned out and all I can see on the fuse is 12/250V, which makes little sense. Obviously 12 Volts, but should be maybe 1 amp fuse? What is the maning of the 250? Maybe 250 miliamperes, which is 1/4 of an ampere? It is a traditional tubular glass fuse with a thin wire in it and it was full of white powder.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
What I do on such occasions is ; take it to a shop where they sell the fuses.
Act as ignorant as I can and hand it over and ask for a replacement.
Works for me.
I think the glass ones do their job for 12 and 250 V, but I'm not sure about the Ampere's.

gr J

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
it was actually T2/250V, which means a 2 ampere rating.(That "T" looked a lot like "1"). I got a fuse from Radio Shack that works.

The original fuse is a glass fuse filled with ceramic powder. It is not a ceramic fuse.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Good to hear it works!
Thanks for reporting back with the correct info.
This might help people in the future...........(doing a forumsearch!)

gr J

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi: I had the same problem, until a neighbor told me that the "1" could be a "T" and that it is a 2 amp fuse. However, when I went to my local Radio Shack, they told me that they did not have a fuse or even recognized the ceramic one I brought with me. Could you tell me the part number or any other information that would help them in identifying it? I would appreciate that.
Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just had the same issue with the same fuse. Couldn't find a 2 amp but they had 1.6 amp that fit at the local hardware store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts