Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC
2,666 Posts
Allright GT, here we go with my first radio: Model BE 1480 with SN A 9551122. I have the correct code. What code did you get on this one?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC
2,666 Posts
I may have found a way to get codes for free but I need to test it first to see if it works.
Congratulations and thank you! Both codes are correct!
I do have another one at home and another that I just bought and I will be receiving it next week. Perhaps you can help with those two as well.

So, is any chance you could share your trick?

·
Outstanding Contributor
350SDL, '17 GLS450, "Grandpa's Roadster" Project Car
3,254 Posts
The good news is, 25 year old Becker radios are no longer on the top of the list of things to steal...

Back in the '80s it seems like I spent half my time repairing damaged dashes on Saab 99's and 900's. The radio theft rate was north of 100% as some folks had them stolen more than once. Removable radio kits were a huge seller...

·
Premium Member
63,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, is any chance you could share your trick?

Sure. While looking for reviews on the Continental radios on YT, I came across this Lithuanian site that has codes for just about any brand of European radios.

You have to sign up to be able to get the codes.

www.radio-code.lt

Here's a short video explanation on how it works.

If anyone has problems using it I'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
1989 300SE
279 Posts
Thanks! Went to the site, and used the "Grand Prix Electronic" page:

"http://www.radio-code.lt/cc-275" (after logging in) - specifically.

Found that cutting and pasting the info from my post here kept coming up asking me to enter the code correctly.

It needs to be typed in from scratch, (that includes model number)

So, my 1432 required "1432C9708628", and now it works for me! :)

PS: that radio is a spare for my '92 300D that has all the tuner crap in the trunk.
My avatar '89 300SE has a BE-780 requiring the dealer zapping device if removed, so I have a spare BE-1480 with code.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts