Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Becker sounds good for older system ( 1991 560 SEC), but one thing I need is Ipod input. I know I can send it to NY for up-grade or aux input install…but I’m on West Coast of Canada. I used a wireless transmitter and the quality was poor. I used a “tape adapter” but the stereo did not accept it – it was making some noise like it was trying to turn the tape. If you use a tape adaptor and it works for you - please let me know. Maybe I’m missing something.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,680 Posts
Yes. I do it currently. You have to mess around with it. Here is the procedure.

1) Insert the tape into the deck with the car running
2a) Press the (ON) button on the stereo as soon as the tape goes in.
2b) IMMEDIATELY press the (ON) button again so the tape deck switches from ∙1 to 2∙
3) DO NOT eject the tape
4) enjoy your music
5) Repeat as necessary

Only if you disconnect your battery, eject the tape, or turn off the radio while the car is on will you have to repeat the above procedure.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Send the radio off to have the adapter installed by Becker North America. :)

The cassette adapters are awful and the Sony CD changer transmitting over FM that was in my car when I got it wasn't much better. :(

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
227 Posts
Yes. I do it currently. You have to mess around with it. Here is the procedure.

1) Insert the tape into the deck with the car running
2a) Press the (OFF) button on the stereo as soon as the tape goes in.
2b) IMMEDIATELY press the (OFF) button again so the tape deck switches from ∙1 to 2∙
3) DO NOT eject the tape
4) enjoy your music
5) Repeat as necessary

Only if you disconnect your battery, eject the tape, or turn off the radio while the car is on will you have to repeat the above procedure.
mine ejects automatically when the radio turns off. Is there a way to stop that?

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,680 Posts
mine ejects automatically when the radio turns off. Is there a way to stop that?
I'm sorry... You have to press (ON)!!! Obviously I'm not sitting in my car right now. You have to press on twice.

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG Mod'd
1,235 Posts
look put a new pioneer in there, the tape works but why bother, just run the 2 speaker leads to the front speakers and adjust the fader to the front on the new deck $110 at Crappy tire

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
It you want, I can show you how to install a DVD/NAV/SAT system in fairly easily. I know it can seem daunting, however if you can swing it financially (about $700-800.00) you can do a really nice DVD flip-up system. If you have some basic skills, then you can do the install yourself and save big bucks... It's not that hard.

M

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Sport Package, 1984 Mercedes-Benz 500sel US Spec
302 Posts
my sony tape adapter works in my becker with no problem. toggle between sides 1 and 2. some brands are weird in certain radios. keep playing with it.

how much is the ipod adapter installation for becker cost?

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
how much is the ipod adapter installation for becker cost?

Here is an explanation for how to proceed:
aux_input

I believe the the conversion is around $100. Your mileage may vary. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
...check with your local audio/video repair shop. Some of them will install the jack input for you for about $100 ( with no shipping coast or waiting for weeks)and if there is an issue they are around the corner. I have a shop in Vancouver that has done the job for me, I’m sure you can find one in your hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts