Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Becker Mexico CC has not worked since getting the car back on the road...

The red flashing light in the bottom right flashes when the car is not running so there is power to it (I think!) there is a Becker Silvestone CD unit in the boot which it is plugged into - and i remember the radio stopped working when i unplugged the CD unit to move it around the boot (its huge!)...

But

I wanted to remove the head unit as i cannot get to the bottom of the whole not working issue, so I inserted the radio removal keys, the radio didn't come out...So i removed the ash tray to release the clips from the bottom, and the right side is now free, but the left is still held fast!?!?!

What have I forgotten - or do I have another problem to solve to get this radio out?

HEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!! :surrender:

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ITS OUT!!! - HURRAH!!!

I found out the fascia comes off, and there are 2 spring clips on the top holding the unit in additionally to the 2 on the bottom - the top right one was broken, hence why it was nearly coming out.

Anyway...onwards with the problem solving with the ICE - which I think will lead to a full removal of the whole system to be replaced with a later Becker CD unit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts