Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500SL - 1992
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Becker Mexico 2000 (BE1432) in my 1992 Mercedes 500 SL; there is the radio in the dash board and a unit in the trunk. The unit in the trunk has a DIN plug for a BE0980 CD changer and the radio in the dash the same DIN plug, I suppose in order to get the CD interface?

I believe the car is equipped with a BOSE option, but is not quite sure what it consist of (loudspeakers? - amplifier - haven't found it?). On the radio there is also an (occupied) 2 pin plug for "Control output for automatic antenna and sound amplifier" - i don't know about the "sound amplifier" but the automatic antenna works.

As I don't have the CD changer, and are a bit reluctant to fit one due to the space it requires, my question is: Can I fit in an mpeg 3 player somewhere and listen to it via the cars loudspeakers and even better have it amplified by the Becker radio / amplifier?

I wish to keep the car 100% original and thus keep the Becker in it.

The ideal solution would be to make a cable with the DIN plug in one end and a 1/8" stereo phone jack in the other end. Then I could connect a mp3 player, CD player or my PocketPC for navigation in the stereo phone jack?

Would it be possible?

·
Registered
500SL - 1992
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After doing a little more research it might be more to simple to use a FM Car Audio Modulator?

·
Registered
Mercedes 300 SL-24
111 Posts
I had the same problem.
First I tried the FM thing. Very difficult to use due to the way stations are selected.
Then I tried the Sony CD/tape adaptor I had bought for my first in-car CD (Discman) 10/12 years ago. That is the best way. The sound is much better and it's easier to operate.
Sony still sells these devices.

Jorge
'91 300 SL-24

1 - 4 of 4 Posts