Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Actually, they are correct. Water, by itself, cannot prevent dehydration. You have to drink it.

But, what do you expect from people who share financial ties but not political ties? Sort of like giving a credit card to your irresponsible relative, but you can't tell them to stop using it.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
The claim is a silly one, coffee can, tea can, bean soup can and of course Gatorade.

Could you imagine Campbell's Soup advertising New Mushroom Soup Prevents Dehydration!

Anyone whoever had amoebic dysentery could tell you, drink all of the water you want, you're going to become dehydrated.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The claim is a silly one, coffee can, tea can, bean soup can and of course Gatorade.

Could you imagine Campbell's Soup advertising New Mushroom Soup Prevents Dehydration!

Anyone whoever had amoebic dysentery could tell you, drink all of the water you want, you're going to become dehydrated.
C'mon now Mick - a coffee bean or tea leaf can prevent dehydration? Or is there some ingredient that you need to add...like...water?

The comment about dysentery is a canard, too.

But really, what about this: 'Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict'

That is the idiotic part of this whole thing.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
No, the idiotic part is that people put water in a bottle, and actually found a market for it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
I find that water mixed with fermented malt is a great thirst quencher.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Allow me to reiterate what I believe to be the salient point of this article:

Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict

Anyone care to comment on this? Anyone?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,245 Posts
German standard's for tap water (Leitunswasser) exceed those for mineral water.
In general Germans do not drink tap water. Perhaps something started post WWII, when most purification plants were destroyed or inoperable?
Most buy mineral or still water by the case (12 x 1 L).
In Germany, I find the chlorine / iron taste unpleasant, and to know that tap water passes though an average of 5-7 bodies doesn't exactly help.

Best tap water I have tasted was in Tehran (straight from the Alborz mountains), second Iceland.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts