Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Eibach springs and need new shocks. I don't want a rough ride. I was told to go with Bilstein Sport because they are shorter for lowered cars, but understand they are not available for the C240, and they may be too harsh anyway. Was told to go with Bilstein HD, but if they are not shorter I am not solving why I have a problem with my stock shocks. Was told to go with Koni, but which ones are shorter, and are they available for my car? Finally, anyone in the L.A. area that can sell and install them?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We recommend Koni Adj shocks for all Mercedes applications. They are both more comfortable than Bilsteins, and they are adjustable to fine tune to your spefications. Our shop is located in the LA area if you would like additional help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But are they shorter so that they work within their 'sweet spot' on a lowered car? And how much, including installation?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While yes, they are shorter, the length of the shock has nothing to do with the 'sweet spot' of the suspension. Kleemann's, Koni's, and Bilstein's are designed for aftermarket springs because of their different dampening. rate. Koni's and Bilsteins provide equal compression at any height, so their length does not matter. Kleemann shocks take it 10 steps further and offer variable dampening at variable speeds, stresses, forces upon them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts