Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
hey enfaniman, pretty good looking car. But are you really being sacarstic about ur interior? cause i think it looks quite neat. Anywayy, heres mine.

Oh btw the centre console wood panel, that covers the gear box and all is pretty dry, its like all white. i have tried tons of wood polish, and it only works for a while. Can anyone recommend me on what i can do?

Attachments

·
Registered
1981 380sel
33 Posts
erfaniman - 5/1/2005 6:40 PM

This is from my black 1986 300SDL. I love the interior of mercedes, especially the w126! Please post your interior, i just want to see what your alls looks like.

ROd-ALi
I see your clean interior and raise you one.

The car even hugs me when I get into the car.

hehehe. Nice car btw.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
joelsec - 5/2/2005 2:19 AM

Oh btw the centre console wood panel, that covers the gear box and all is pretty dry, its like all white. i have tried tons of wood polish, and it only works for a while. Can anyone recommend me on what i can do?
Try starting w/ 1000 grit wet paper, take it down a good bit, finish out w/ 1500 then 2000. 3M FinesseIt to finish up. Should help a good bit.

Jonathan

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
my interior, she needs some work..what does no one like the zebrano wood?

not the greatest shots, ill get more this week because im gonna be cleaning her up...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, yeah i guess you all beat me completely. I was just stoked about cleaning the car :). I think snibble is in the elad right now.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Although I don't have a picture of it yet, the interior of my car is spotless. I've cleaned every square inch of that interior.

BTW cleaning job guys. Before I saw these pics I thought I was the only one with interiors like those. [8)]

I'll get a pic of the car ASAP.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Yeah, the interior in snibble's 560 is spotless. no idea how it stayed like that for the last 13 years.

the best i have ever seen, it even has a hint of new car smell still. (which i know is impossbile, yet that's how it feels).

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Thank you for the compliments... but I am sure there are cars out there that are as nice or even better than my car. I would like to have people keep posting pictures of theirs. Cyberdrakon hasn't posted his.. but his interior is spotless. Its currently undergoing some mod that he might tell us about later once its finished.

The funny thing is that I have not even sat in or seen my car yet. Pictures I posted where taken by cyberdrakon. It was professionally detailed once it arrived from Los Angeles and since then was garaged. I am looking forward to seeing how nice my new car is.

I have to once again that cyberdrakon for checking out the car for me... his oppinion on the car is what made me decide to purchase it. I am happy that I listened to him as I haven't found any car thats in similar or better shape for the money spent for sale ever since.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
JamesDean - 5/2/2005 3:27 PM

..what does no one like the zebrano wood?
I don’t mind it, as long as the wood is cared for and not broken and pealing it’s a good look.

My 300 SE:

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Yes, the burl is nice but
I just like either wood
to be in good shape, it’s
often in bad condition in
so many cars, particularly
the shift surround, that
wood takes a beating. All
it takes is one rainstorm
and one sunroof left open
by mistake…[:(]

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
Sorry jonathan, but i'm not too sure about what ur talking about. ? I once read somewhere, where i should use thinner or something to get the gloss off, and then polish the wood before spraying gloss back on. Is that what ur asking me to do?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts