Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an old 8' powered bazooka tube laying around, so I put it in my car. It really doesn't do much at all. I am thinking of taking out my first aid kit to allow better airflow between the cabin and trunk. Any thoughts or suggestiongs?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the tray portion of the first aid kit out and it allows much more bass from the tube into the cabin. You can also drill the bottom of the first aid box. Taking it out is better... kind of like opening the lid on a piano.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that, but it still makes little difference. The bazooka hits pretty nicely. When I have the trunk open and I am back there with it playing it sounds great, but inside the car you can't hear it at all. The sound proofing is 'too good' in the car. Which is good and bad depending on what you're doing. I even tried standing the thing up so it fires into the hole where the first aid tray used to be. Still no serious improvement in results. I wonder if a 12' bazooka would make much difference. The appeal of them is the ease of install and they are cheap for what they are.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have an adiquate amp driving the sub? Mine will rattle your teeth when cranked. I have much more bass on tap than I need anyway. It is not a boom-boom thunder machine that is heard a mile away but it is most adiquate to add kick to any style of music. The real problem is the fuel tank blocks a lot of sound. I wound up removing the fist aid box completly. Good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a powered sub. So nothing I can really do about the power of the amp. I took the first aid kit out as well (tray and all). It helped a little, but they fuel tank in the trunk really makes good sound proofing. The tube adds a little body to the sound, so it's OK. It was a fun project, and it cost me $0.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts