Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Lately I have experienced some ECU issues with electronics stopping to work, in example: windows, mirrors, door locks and much more. Earlier i have fixed this with just a simple reconnecting the negative on the battery. However today the turning signals stopped worked together with a lot of other things. One of these things was the sentral locking system because of this i cant acess the trunk to reset the battery as I have done before. My key cant open the trunk possibly because the door lock hasn't been in use since it was new (1999).

I have tried everything i know to fix this:

• Used the switch on the dashboard to unlock the trunk. It seems like the vacuum pump has been deactivated by the ECU so nothing on the central locking system.
  • I have removed, checked and inserted again all fuses and cables in both fuse boxes to the left and right side of the engine room.
  • I have tried a soft reset of the ECU by turning the ignition to 2. pos and pressed the gas pedal for 5 seconds, turned the ignition of and then waited for some minutes.
  • lubricated the door lock on the trunk lid but still cant insert the key.
So I am wondering if you guys know a way to do a battery reset without access to the battery in the trunk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi again,

I tried again to remove all fuses and relays in the box in the engine room on the drivers side. I waited 5 minutes before inserting them again. After this everything worked again, so it gave the same result as the battery reset i have done before.

I guess next step is taking it to the shop and read out error codes to find it why it keeps failing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts