Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Good information - just be aware that there are several differing versions of the key fob, with some differences in the operation. For example, on my chrome key fob, you must use the hooked end of the metal key to reach down into the fob and press a release that is much less obvious than the one he shows.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
And many of these keys get damaged when over-eager soul tries JAMMING it in case backwards. Also, some of the Chinese Ebay/Amazon cases are very tight. The coil at the end of all of them is very delicate. Break the tiny wire wrapped around it and the key will no longer start the car. The good news is you will be able;e to lock and unlock while you wait for the tow truck.

·
W220 Moderator
5,678 Posts
And many of these keys get damaged when over-eager soul tries JAMMING it in case backwards. Also, some of the Chinese Ebay/Amazon cases are very tight. The coil at the end of all of them is very delicate. Break the tiny wire wrapped around it and the key will no longer start the car. The good news is you will be able;e to lock and unlock while you wait for the tow truck.
:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Yep, I had to file down the inside of one of the Chinese ones. The "key" is not to force it in, as @93SoCal400E mentions. It means you've got to file down the inside. I did this with the '03 S430 when I replaced that key's black outer cover, and it works just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts