Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 06 E500 4Matic wagon, which has been sitting for a long while, I got a bunch of low voltage related errors. On the DIC the "convenience features not available", battery warning, ESP and ABS and on the scanner codes relating to low voltage condition.
So I just installed a new main battery, fully charged it first, but I'm still getting the same low voltage error codes, including the convenience features unavailability.
I know that the secondary SBC battery could be low as well, but why would that relate to the convenience features, for example?

Any thoughts on my situation would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
933 Posts
convenience alert is main battery voltage related... be sure that you tighten the battery pole clamp properly, z-shape clamp mey fool you... check battery control module wirings, few cases where leads were corroded badly. How much car charging voltage is?

·
Registered
375 Posts
The aux battery is pretty inexpensive and easy to replace if you so choose. I replaced the one on my wife's 2006 E350 a little while back for less than $100. No more warnings.

·
Registered
35,664 Posts
Aux battery is disconnected from the car during normal driving, so it can't be responsible for convenience restrictions.
Double check the battery clamps and observe car voltage on cluster.
Don't think you can go any farther without a scanner.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
On my 06 E500 4Matic wagon, which has been sitting for a long while, I got a bunch of low voltage related errors. On the DIC the "convenience features not available", battery warning, ESP and ABS and on the scanner codes relating to low voltage condition.
So I just installed a new main battery, fully charged it first, but I'm still getting the same low voltage error codes, including the convenience features unavailability.
I know that the secondary SBC battery could be low as well, but why would that relate to the convenience features, for example?

Any thoughts on my situation would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Until you get volt meter and check both batteries. It's a circle jerk.

Check actual values in BCM vs volt meter readings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Witek_M
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing