Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes-Benz CL 600 and 2010 Mercedes-Benz C350
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago on a cold morning, I went to start the car and and all of sudden the Batter Lamp came up, followed by the BAS and Suspension lamps after a couple of seconds. I noticed that the Xenon headlights would not turn on and that the radio and power windows were dead (windows still work if the engine is off). I installed a brand new battery in the car hoping that it would cure the problem, but no luck. The engine idles perfectly fine and the interior lights are bright. Could it be the alternator? I did notice a vey faint squeal in the engine bay, as it it might be a belt, when revving the engine but all of the pulleys are spinning in the engine bay. Or should I be looking at a fuse or some relay?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz S320 SWB
274 Posts
About a week ago on a cold morning, I went to start the car and and all of sudden the Batter Lamp came up, followed by the BAS and Suspension lamps after a couple of seconds. I noticed that the Xenon headlights would not turn on and that the radio and power windows were dead (windows still work if the engine is off). I installed a brand new battery in the car hoping that it would cure the problem, but no luck. The engine idles perfectly fine and the interior lights are bright. Could it be the alternator? I did notice a vey faint squeal in the engine bay, as it it might be a belt, when revving the engine but all of the pulleys are spinning in the engine bay. Or should I be looking at a fuse or some relay?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Take your 600 to an Auto Zone/Checker Auto or other similar parts shop and have the store personnel test your battery and alternator.

James Combs,
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
1997 S320, 88,100 miles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts