Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91' Mercedes 300E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 300E. I just got it and something seems to be wrong. About a week ago I tried to turn on the car and the battery was dead, so i jumped the car and all seemed fine. This Friday I went out with some friends and everything was going smooth except for this clicking sound coming from the passenger side dash or floor. And when i parked the car and turned it off the head and taillights would keep flashing, even when the car was off and the lights were off. I got out locked my doors and locked the trunk and they turned off, but then the locked doors unlocked. So i locked those again and everything was still off. Later that night I came back and everything was smooth except for the clicking sound. Then on Saturday I went out again and the clicking sound was there again and the headlights kept flashing whenever i turned the car off. When i came back to my car saturday night my doors were unlocked and the car wouldn't start. So i got a jump and then everything was back to normal. Something seems to be draining my battery, I have a feeling it is the anti theft system.. How would i turn this off? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,540 Posts
Clicking noise in door....

Remove the window switch for the door that is making the noise. Does it stop? If so, the switch is stuck and the motor is clicking because it can't go up/down any more.

Start with the basics -- Get a trickle charger from an auto store. You can get them for like $15. Charge battery over nigth and make sure it holds charge and you have 12.6-12.7v at that full charge.

If you think it is the alarm system though, pull the fuse out and see if it stops draining.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts