Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Battery issues

488 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rumb 
#1 ·
Hello group,
I have just purchased a 2016 C300 with 20,713 miles. The next day I went to get in it a battery icon and a warning stated "stop car and leave it running."
Is it normal for the battery to last only 3 years? Also, I have priced batteries and could not believe pricing of $260.00. I was told you must use a AGM battery which means it does not contain a liquid. It is more of a gel-like substance.
Is any familiar with this issue. I would really appreciate some honest feedback.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Newer cars have energy recouping programs, who let the car to run on battery power when accelerating and recoup the braking energy by making high charge.
When that can add 0.0001 to your mpg and will lower emissions in about the same proportion, batteries don't like constant charging/discharging so 3 years on AGM battery is good time.
For my 2014 I bought flooded battery for about $120.
Come with 96 months warranty, so time will tell.
There is lot of misadvertising about AGM batteries. They are still led-acid batteries, but thanks to matt technology they can operate upside-down and have slightly higher charging rating.
None of those apply to my cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.